Mr. Kim has more than twenty years of experience in corporate, transactional and securities matters in the technology, health sciences, financial services, manufacturing and real estate industries. Mr. Kim has significant expertise in formation of corporations and limited liability companies; mergers and acquisitions, including asset and stock transactions; private securities offerings, including venture capital financings and drafting private placement memoranda; public company securities compliance; credit agreements and loan workouts; real estate purchases, sales and leases; and complying with U.S. franchise laws.
Mr. Kim often serves as general outside counsel to entrepreneurs, early-stage companies and middle market companies with growing legal needs as their businesses grow.
Harvard College (A.B., 1986)
New York University School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- Representation of a medical device company from initial organization to private offerings of securities, registration of trademarks and negotiation of distribution agreements
- Representation of a clinical-stage biotech company in negotiation of licensing agreements and private securities offerings
- Representation of banks and other lenders in loan documentation and loan workouts
- Acquisition of Doosan America Corp. by Lotte Liquor BG Group Co. Ltd. as part of Lotte’s acquisition of Doosan’s global alcoholic beverage business and representation of Lotte Beverage America Corp. in ABC regulatory matters and negotiation of distribution agreements
- Member, Korean American Bar Association of Southern California
- Member, International Association of Korean Lawyers
- Vice President, Schools, Harvard Club of Southern California